Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dr. Butler meeting today

Every Tuesday after treatment David and I will meet with Dr. Butler to talk about how the week has been for him. Today was the first of those meetings, and we found out the number of sessions....drum roll please......32. They may add more, depends on how it looks towards the end. This was really good news because we thought it was going to be 37. So that's a WHOLE week less! David has gained one pound, and is not showing ANY signs of the radiation.
Depression is something I have been watching for, and some days I think he lets it get to him. Example: This weekend, I cleaned the garage, he was bringing me some stuff from the front porch and he saw the Christmas lights. He told me the thought crossed his mind that he may not feel up to decorating next year. And he wanted me to tell the kids he didn't want them to do it for him. Not that he won't be here to decorate, but that he won't feel like doing it. The other side of that, he is meeting with a woman he knows from work that her ex husband is dealing with 8 months of incontinence-he wants to help him by getting the guy to exercise. Depressed some days determined to help others some days.
Thanks for all the cards (Sharon, Phil, Vicki and Tuck) all the phone calls (kids and grandkids) and big thanks for all the prayers. Keep it up, I know he feels your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment